Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 6 Table Mountain




We were told to come to class in exercise clothes well hydrated and with a good breakfast in our stomach. We got there and had a short lecture on values and keeping them in check by examining what you spend your time and money on and how well that correlates to those values.
Then, they told us we were getting on a bus and driving to table mountain and we were going to climb it. I was actually really excited despite me only having 3 hours of sleep under my belt. The climb was a lot more intense and longer than I expected but the view and the experience of the journey was definitely worth it. I started out slow because i wanted to "just enjoy the scenery" but then of course competitive Kelly came out and I decided to race up the mountain for the next hour. As if that wasn't enough of a workout, i decided to climb back down the mountain with a small group of us while the rest of the program took the cable car. Needless to say, I am still sore two days later. The experience was incredible because on the way up I got some good time with Jake (even though he about had it with my competitiveness) and I hiked down with a big group of people that I hadn't spent as much time with this trip and got to know them better. Oh yeah. And of course the scenery at the top was definitely the highlight. I'm going to return for a sunrise hike (yes, I'll have to get up at 3am) later in the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment